Friday, September 03, 2010

It Took Me 30 Years to Realize

Senate Legal now. I plan on building my campaign platform as a thinly veiled allusion to Brett Lewis and John Paul Leon's The Winter Men.

I'm fairly pleased with being on Stay-cation this week. It is a glorious endeavor. I am typing this from the kitchen table, since it offers a modicum of coolness and hosts a fan. I moved in a bin and put it on the table so that I am typing all Stan Lee style (there is a picture of him standing in a backyard way back when he was doing the plotting on all the Marvel books and the story went he typed standing up). Also, standing while you work burns more calories, not the least of which is due my pull-up breaks in between bits and pieces.

It takes a little getting used to, but so far I dig it. I have my coffee. I have bagel. I have bananas. I am writing. 30 is the new 11. Double down.

No comments: